Yesterday the owner of the Titans, Bud Adams, turned around and gave the finger to a stadium full of people – and was fined $250,000!
What can you learn from Mr. Adams?
1. You are never too old (86 years old) to do something stupid.
2. Power and riches can rob you of common sense.
3. Just because you own something does not mean you have the right to do anything you want, whenever you want.
4. Wisdom is learning from your mistakes (this is not the first time Adams has disrespected both his fans and other teams)
5. Someday soon, we’ll face our Creator – and all of us need our sins covered by another. Rejection of a Substitute is tantamount to using Adam’s gesture toward the Creator – a chilling thought.
6. You should always have your lawyer at your side if you feel like doing something stupid. (Contributed by Lewis Trippett, Attorney at Law and friend)
7. Even the deaf, who communicate with their fingers, know better than to use certain fingers in certain positions. (Contributed by Bill Berry)